I suggest you ...

Swipe gestures to mark as read/unread/star/unstar

Like the title says, it would be nice to have a faster way to mark items as read/unread in list views.

For example,

1. Swipe LEFT to mark as read/unread.

2. Swipe RIGHT to star/unstar.

And option to customize gestures like save to pocket, etc.

285 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Pete R.Pete R. shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • PJ BryantPJ Bryant commented  · 

Also, it would be useful to use the same action to mark an entire feed or folder of feeds as read. I have some noisy ones, that when time is short I just mark all as read, but that takes three taps currently. So swipe on the phone app (or press/hold), and right click on the desktop?

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

Would love this! Removing irrelevant articles would be faster and it would provide a cleaner reading experience!

• D. WittenbergD. Wittenberg commented  · 

Perhaps it coud be like the mail app. Swype left/right with funktion. On the button a button for multiselect, than share.

• Thomas ZillingerThomas Zillinger commented  · 

I agree, there should be some faster way to mark as read on the category's, since the pop up that appears is sooo much far up that (1020) that it is hard to reach...

• Pat Pat commented  · 

I was just going to post a similar request but I'll just add a comment to this one since its in the same vein. My idea was that while scrolling through articles it would be really nice to swipe them to the right to mark them as read and hide them.

Feedback and Knowledge Base