I suggest you ...

Option to download full articles when synchronizing.

Currently, article snippets are synced for offline reading, which is great.
Adding an option to download the full articles for offline reading would make this app perfect!

1,542 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

23 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Marc Chassain commented  · 

I understand windows phone limitation prevents to download full artcile in the task scheduler when app is not opened, but what's stoppng you to add an in app feature that will download all the full article when tapped for the feeds that are configured to do so.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Could you add pull gesture on an article to call Readability funtion ? And could you let the current feed data and a progress bar on the top and when you get the full article you can show it. the idea is to start to read the article and replace it with the readability content at the last time. (We can start to read the article and not just seeing the progress bar) thx you in advance

• Anonymous commented  · 

It is possible, theres another rss app which does this. I just dont like its layout.

• Martin commented  · 

I would prefer to have this "full sync" as a separate button or something, not as a global preference/config value. Because maybe I want to do it only when preparing to go offline and not every time - cause on WiFi I would have to wait too much to do full sync and on 3G/4G it can use too much from data plan or even be very expensive when you're travelling much and thus often in roaming...
        I don't mind to have such function "hidden" in the "..." menu and not with the other buttons at the bottom.
        Also it would be nice to be able to do this per-feed as ut us with todays sync

• Anonymous commented  · 

I would just say even if you and to keep the app in focus and admittedly that's annoying, there are times I would *gladly* do that -- e.g. When I'm about to go into a subway tunnel.

• Erdinc Eddy Boga commented  · 

Really is about time to get synchronization support no matter how!

• john commented  · 

Hmm...looking at the history of admin responses I see they took out the comment "...reconsidering it due to large number of votes."

• sze commented  · 

Can this be implemented in a similar way to "cache images", Which also needs the app to remain open while caching?

• Yuri commented  · 

Dec 2014. Lumia 930. I do select full article and sync to read offline then (e.g. on on plane). Still don't see the full text...am I doing it wrong?

I don't mind syncing manually and have the app open while it is doing it.

Thank you!

• Marek Omasta commented  · 

I really don't care that you can't sync articles while the app is running in background. I don't mind syncing it manually in the morning but I don't seem to get full articles when after syncing, even tho I enabled full article sync for some feeds... There're only snippets and full article loads up only when I'm connected. That's what the author of this suggestion wanted, I think.

• Alexandr Marchenko commented  · 

So, if there is platform restrictions maybe it should be done on server side? So phone will get already fetched and mobilized articles from one place.

Bought windows phone and looking for news reader, unfortunately nextgen at this moment does not feet my needs.

Thank you so much for having demo, so I was able try out before buy

• Anonymous commented  · 

Ive been excited to hear that this full sync is under consideration for almost a year now. Is this feature being rejected? Because i heard no news n it has 3 digit vote... I would really want to hear a feed back in this matter

• luciano commented  · 

This should be done in the background, without having to open the app!!
        A time schedule to do it would be ideal, like "every 4 hours, 1 day" etc...

• Anonymous commented  · 

This and scroll by mark as read are two features I would pay more for. Great App!!

• Jr Marmelade commented  · 

I would like this feature because I often read articles in the subway and at Paris there is no 3G/4G connections available in the subway :(

• Anonymous commented  · 

This would be fantastic. My 3G connection on my daily train commute is not stable (tunnels and the like), so syncing the feeds quickly at home before leaving would allow me to read the whole article on the long drive.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Yea.. I really think its a great idea.. Specially for ppl who like to read on the go but too poor to join a 3G plan

• Ricky commented  · 

that would be great

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base