I suggest you ...

Make the app a UWP (Windows 10 Universal Windows Platform) app, so it will work on Lumia 950 with Continuum with a desktop-like experience.

I'm sad it's not working in the desktop mode of my Lumia 950XL. Would be very great to have a desktop/tablet experience.

557 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Carl de Billy shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Cheung Chun Kin commented  · 

How to get the UWP version v7.0.23.0? Latest download from store is v6.5.0.60 in my 950xl. Although the "what's new" mentioned UWP v7, no way to get it.

• Anonymous commented  · 

There is a UWP app, why doesn't it work on Mobile though??

• Carl commented  · 

Would be very useful to be able to read the rss on the big screen. And Nextgen reader is much faster than the web browser

• Andrew Macaulay commented  · 

Lots of similar comments on this and the Nextgen Reader UWP uservoice site --- probably easily getting on for a total of 1000 or more votes on this suggestion!

• Peter commented  · 

Agree with UWP app.
        But at the same time I would be pleased to see some UI modifications. It would be great to have a hamburger menu like we have at some of the recent Windows 10 applications - like the new Microsoft Mail or similar.

• karthik commented  · 

I'm surprised to see the delay with UMP for phones. While others readers are moved on to UMP, nextgen is still on older version. Needs to move faster. Older design looks and feels datedn

• Ankit Maheshwari commented  · 

Also few apps have taken best of both worlds - hamburger and pivots (like Facebook beta on windows 10 mobile). Such design for Nextgen reader can be useful too.

• Darren commented  · 

In work I have my hub configured so my phone charges as I work and I can use it as a desktop. The one feature I was really looking forward to on this, as my work asset uses a different MSA, was reading the RRS feeds via NextGen Reader via continuum. Feedly is the only reason I have Chrome installed at work and I would love to remove it but until NGR becomes continuum compliant I cannot do this. It would be awesome and I love NGR because it seems to be developed on the cutting edge of Windows 10 dev. This would be the logical next step!

• Sandi commented  · 

I would definitely second this. This would be the ideal application for continuum

• Mochtar commented  · 

Considering the codebase for continuum would be the same as for Windows 10 (desktop) it would make a lot of sense to do this... plus it would REALLY set it apart even further from any other competitors :)

Feedback and Knowledge Base